Thursday, January 26, 2006

Another Update

After spending some time playing with a WordPress version of this blog, I decided to stick it out with blogger for the mean time. I really wanted a simple way to implement categories so that when we write a post, all we have to do is check our name and the category and finished it's done. I actually did set up a wordpress blog, but then I found out they don't have template editing. So that means the look I set up here and the header image etc wouldn't be used. There are ways to edit the template but they involved hosting's costs and much more intensive code work than I'm able to take on.

It's a shame cause it's so super easy to use. Meanwhile I'm keeping that blog around, to manually (when I have time) tag each post with a category and author. I was reading that there are edit templates for WordPress in Beta, so maybe eventually we will get the best of both worlds.

In the meantime I added a great search field on the side, and played with the code so it works nicely for this blog and fits well. If someone wants to find a topic, just type it into that's search field. I also designed a button image if anyone wants to add it to their blog. You don't have to, it's just in case someone wants to.


Here it is: If you need the code e-mail me.


Have a great day/night and I'll update next when something else changes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use WordPress and I LURVE it. If you need help or have questions, let me know. Maybe I can help.